In case you all were wondering, here are some brief thoughts on the fall 2015 television season.
American Horror Story: Hotel – Even though I don’t know what is going on half the time I love the visuals and especially the music
The Leftovers – The opening scene of the second season was so surreal I’ve gone back to watch it a couple times now. Somehow this show feels perfect and magical. I enjoyed season 1 but I’m loving season 2.
PS: These two shows also have the best songs in them…
Favorite New Shows
Scream Queens – I’ve loved every Ryan Murphy show and this one is no different. Thankfully I went into it with enough American Horror Story experience so I knew not to worry about a coherent plot or anything like that.
Quantico – It’s cheesy but I dig it.
Shows I Dumped
The Blacklist – I didn’t understand or care what was happening and lost interest. I figure if after the show ends people say it was great I can go back and watch.
Shows I’m Wayyyyyy Far Behind On
e.g. shows that I figure I’ll watch eventually but let them build up on my Tivo
- The Walking Dead – I started watching the season but it didn’t grab me and I’ve been bored with it the past few seasons.
- Gotham – I watched the first two…
- Fargo – I blame this on the episodes sometimes being so long. Plus I binged season 1 and I think that may be the best way to watch the show.
- The Affair – Ditto. Binged this last year and even though I love it I figure it’s a good binge-able show.
- Heroes Reborn – I got through the first 3 episodes and it didn’t grab me. I figure I’ll wait until it’s done and watch a couple episodes at a time.
Arrow and Flash – Love em! Some of my favorite shows to watch every week.
Heroes Reborn – See above. I’m behind on this one…
Supergirl – Somehow I remember the “leaked” pilot to be not as good as the one that aired? But I think I’m wrong. I’m enjoying it more than I expected.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Unfortunately sort of “bleh” for me. I’m not loving the Inhumans stuff. That said, the where was Jemma? episode was absolutely amazing.
Gotham – See above. I want to love this show, I really do…
Best Shows I’m Not Watching
1. You tell me.
2. Anything streaming. I’ll watch those when I have days off later in the winter or something…
One thought on “Fall 2015 TV Review”
Jason, what about the upcoming X-Files????